Thursday, January 3, 2008

Our Story

At times throughout this blog you will hear me refer to our lives as our story. This is not just some random choice in my minuscule vocabulary, but by design. I believe that the life of my wife and I won't be just a life lived but a story that will be told with reverence and joy. I believe that years from now our story will be told to a room full of people. The little ones will laugh at the antics of their grandfather or great-grandfather and the ladies in the room will marvel at the patience of their grandmother. Those in love will shed a tear at the silly and mushy romantic attempts. And at some certain point, they will all look around the room at each other and realize that their lives are not merely lived but a part of a story that was started long before them. A wonderful, timeless story of love, trials, hope, and grace that only a majestic and perfect God could bestow. Oh, and to all of the cynics out there who might read this and think it grandiose in some fashion I say...just wait and see. Time will tell. This is the story of Clint and Larissa Simpson. We hope you enjoy it. This is history unfolding as we know it...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! Clint, who knew you were such a writer :) I am excited that ya'll made a blog and although I know basically daily what's going on with ya'll, it's fun to read it on the internet!

The two of us already smile at your antics and Larissa's sweet patience and kind heart. We love you both!