Thursday, May 1, 2008

He smiled.

I sit here at my desk typing these words having not a single good thing to account to my name. Trying to piece together a life of attempts. I've done nothing. I've done nothing. But there's a twist to the story. Somewhere within time and space, God, in His infinite wisdom and grace, saw me. He saw this wretch of a boy turned man (slightly) and smiled. He smiled. Not because of something I was to do or something that I had done. Yet for something that He was about to do. He smiled. Knowing full well that I had nothing at all to contribute to mankind, He chose me. I know it was His pattern in Biblical times to use those folks that were a bit outside the realm of normacy.

Never did I stop to think that the "bit outside" was me. He smiled. He chose me to show His glory. How big is that? And all I must do in return is share it with everyone. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. What a task, huh? He brings joy and meaning into an empty life and all I'm supposed to do is share with others what He has done. It's the worldly equivalent of a man buying me a Ferrari and telling me my payment for it was simply to drive it around and show everyone. How easy. I know these thoughts come out of the blue but you'll understand soon what I mean. God is doing great things. I have done nothing. God has done nothing but good. He smiled. Does that hit you? He smiled. Think about it.

No comments: