Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lessons Learned in 2 Months

So here we are two months since the birth of our beautiful little girl Maylee Gail. Time has flown by but as I sit down to think about the lessons learned in the past two months, it's quite clear that I've been in an accelerated learning program. Here are just a few of the many....
  • Pinching chubby cheeks = joy
  • Maylee likes being at church (thank you Lord!)
  • Maylee hates being at the mall (thank you Lord!)
  • The vowel "O" makes Mommy and Daddy happy
  • Carrying a car seat with a healthy baby is as good as hitting the free weights at the gym
  • Maylee likes to wait for her Momma to hand her over to me to spit up
  • There are four categories of grunting (don't ask about the fourth one - it's not pretty!)
  • Seeing her smile (and being positive it's not gas) is a glimpse of heaven
  • I add "ies" to a lot of words nowadays
  • The term "urp" is a combination of the words "burp" and "spit up" - (I learned that one from Rissa who learned it from her dad)

3 comments:

Brenda Liniger said...

I love the term urp,,,never heard it before but I know that I have experienced it a number of times!

Unknown said...

This makes me smile. We've learned a lot of these same lessons in the last 3 weeks :)

Kato said...

I like the newly revamped blog...spiffy :-) I miss the one who urps very much...
and of course she doesn't like the mall! Who does?