Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Seven Year Old Love Story

Seven years ago today, I stood on a stage in front of all my family and friends. I had no idea what life would be like the next day and the next and the next. I did know that I was exhaustingly in love with a young lady named Larissa Gaston and that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. Now as I look back I can't imagine my life without her. I often get asked marital advice from some of my single friends and I'm always a little reluctant to give any because I truly believe that I happened to marry a woman set apart from the rest. She is an amazing friend, confidante, wife, mother, and above all , a sweet sister in Christ.

There are downsides to being married to her. She has completely ruined all romantic movies for me. We'll rent one and I'll sit there thinking to myself...."This is nothing inspiring. Rissa does much sweeter things than that!" I know that some (those who don't know us that well) might think that I'm writing these things just because it's my anniversary and that's what husbands should do, but catch me on any random day and ask me "how's your wife?" Be prepared to get gushiness all over you. I can't help it. I have absolutely loved every single second of these last seven years. Thank you to those of you who have prayed over our union. Thank you to Rissa for making love such an easy emotion to share. Thank you to our Father in Heaven for loving His bride and setting a perfect example for how to love like none other.

No comments: