Monday, March 2, 2009

Lessons Learned in 3 Months

1. Maylee is a really good physical trainer but she goes overboard with the squats! (actual picture of me to the right)
2. She has a third level of scream but reserves it for when no one else is around but her daddy. I think her mom told her I was partly deaf and now she overcompensates.
3. Parents can't be satisfied. When she's only sleeping 2 hours at a time we fuss about it and pray for more rest. Then when she sleeps 7 hours straight we have a mirror under her nostrils looking for signs of life.
4. Human hands are underappreciated by grown-ups. They are quite fascinating - try putting them real close to your face and then rotating them around slowly.
5. My precious child replete with bald head and tongue sticking out resembles a white, female version of Michael Jordan. She's our MVP!
6. She likes worship time but isn't big on the preaching (not enough cooing in the sermon!)
7. A "Maylee Sandwich" is daddy kissing one cheek and mommy kissing the other. Jason's Deli would be a trillion dollar company if they could figure out how to sell that - its the best thing ever (and low calorie)!
8. The wheel was a good invention. The Baby Bjorn was a great invention!
9. Maybe Maylee should be in a Maybelline commerical. Those eyelashes are beautiful, luxurious and long!
10. Math is fun. 3 months = 82 dropped pacifiers on unclean surfaces + 25 times the phrase "but it fell nipple up" was said + 25 times we said "it doesn't matter - wash it" + 32,678 giggles and smiles + 18 extremely mind blowing pouty bottom lips + 2 smiles at Harvey (Zero for Toby) + 32 "urps" + 2 outings completely without Miss Maylee (it was weird!) + 1 supermom + 1 blessed dad + countless blessings.


Here's a few of those 32,678 giggles......

6 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I LOVE the giggles! They are extremely fun, especially when combined coos. Wow! Can you believe it's been 3 months??

Kato said...

A few hours ago I was pretty sure I was ready to pack up and move to London...and then I heard Maylee talk...now I'm ready to get on the next flight home!

Unknown said...

#3 haha havent tried the mirror yet, good idea

#5 do i sense a photoshop picture coming soon?

#8 ditto.....huge ditto

Love ya Miss Maylee,

-Collin

Lizzy said...

I love your posts!!! I also love how it makes katie want to come back home sooner, I really miss you katie and the sooner the better! =)

also some of the girls in my dance group think you really do look like that picture! they saw it on my phone and were like "what is that?" so I shared your awesome post and they were quite impressed!

Gerald and Brenda said...

This is a test. Let's see if our comment goes through. I don't know what I have been doing wrong, so let's try again.

Anyways, tooooo ca-ute that Maylee girl is! I can't wait on Uncle Gerald anymore to get the time off to come up there. I think I will just have to come up and see her by myself.

Gerald and Brenda said...

Yay, it worked!