Thursday, February 19, 2009

Listen to THE WATCHMAN!!!!

Ok so here's the song "The Watchman" of which I spoke. I placed it directly to the right here. Written, sung, and performed by Bryan "Newbie" Simpson. It's a rough worktape of the song but it does its duty. I pray this song convicts you the way it did me. To the glory of our Father, I pray it convicts. Please take the time to pray before listening that God does a work in your heart and spirit. I've listed the words as well to read as you listen. Powerful. Thanks for sharing your gift Uncle B!

Listen upwards folks....God desires us....He also desires those closest to you. Let's be watchmen!

THE WATCHMAN
(Bryan Simpson)

There you are thought you'd never show
They're about to close the lid and lay me low
As these things go black has been the trend
But you look white as a ghost my old friend
You look like you've seen a ghost my friend

I sure hope you've been doing well
For me life's been a living Hell
These last few tears I seemed to run out of hope
Everyday the devil seemed to tighten the rope
Everyday he seemed to tighten the rope

So blow your trumpet loud
Let us hear the sweetest sound

Were we not the best of friends?
Grew up together through thick and thin
Tasted love and pain and alcohol
We shared everything and I guess nothing at all
We shared everything and nothing at all

Was your God too good for me
You keep Him hid out of sight underneath your sleeve
Was it not for me as well his blood was shed
You say you loved me brother but you left me for dead
Who leaves someone they love for dead

Now I enter the coldest of rooms
Your silence has forever sealed my tomb
The way I see it the way I understand
my blood is forever on your hands
My blood is forever on your hands

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

The lyrics alone made me tear up a little bit...it's quite powerful! thanks for posting it!

Unknown said...

Wow...