Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dog Therapy?

I don't normally talk too much about our dog Tobey on the blog but that's only do to the fact that he doesn't really do much of anything. Usually the activities he sets his mind to are foul and perverted and not suited for a blog such as this. With my new career, we've been looking into ways to sort of cutback a bit with frivolous spending and to try to pinpoint things that can be "do it yourselfers." One of main things we decided would be a "yourselfer" was grooming the dogs.

Now I certainly don't claim to be an artist of any such kind. Sure I can draw some animated cartoons, I can play an instrument, and I have even recently dabbled a bit in video editing, but none of those things am I a master of nor do I claim to be. Well with this recent money-saving idea, I've added dog grooming to the long list of "things I do but am not great at."

If I look deep within my psyche, I find that my attempt and result of Tobey's haircut might be me releasing emotions about him that were once pent up inside of my subconscience. I believe that possibly my thoughts about him when he wakes me up at 4am and when I find "presents" waiting for me in the living room when it's not my birthday nor Christmas are manifesting themselves in the styling of my clippers. Honestly I didn't set out to make him look like the evil Gremlins from my childhood, but free therapy is still free therapy.

Sadly, I don't think we've resolved all of our issues. Here's a mock up of what it would look like if Tobey spontaneously combusted! Hey, I can dream can't I?

By the way, Harvey's doing great! He says to say hi and his summer is going great (except for the weird hairdo his roommate has now).

No comments: