Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lessons Learned in 6 Months

  1. I am the least funny person in my household. 1. Momma 2. Harvey 3. Tobey 4. Unfunny Daddy
  2. Maylee has finally learned that it's not the sound of Daddy's voice that matters, it's the sincerity in which he sings the song to her
  3. I don't understand one of Maylee's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse books. The book is called Opposites and for the life of me I can't figure out how it deals with opposites. It's very frustrating!
  4. The ladies in the nursery at church are saints and Maylee has been testing their faith.
  5. Maylee doesn't seem to differentiate between the zoo and Wal-Mart. I'm not sure I do either.
  6. Diaper Genie's don't grant wishes. They only hold poopy diapers. Don't waste a lot of time rubbing the side of that thing. (thanks for the gift Brand & Steph!)
  7. London Mickey smelled like 3 different airports, but after a bit of a scrub and a squirt of Febreze, Maylee fell in love with that globe-trotting rodent!
  8. My baby carrying arm can go toe to toe wrestling with big bro's gym arm. Baby vs Barbell? Who will emerge victorious?
  9. Reading a book to a five month old is like trying to sew while holding a live trout.
  10. I have an amazing life I don't deserve. Thank you Father God!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1. I love those tube socks
2. I really want a bed like that to nap on
3. Your daughter is the sweetest thing!!!!

Larissa said...

Ashley!!!

Arent those socks too cute?!?

When are you coming to Cowtown? We miss you!!!

We must have a phone chat soon!

Love ya!