Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It Was A Moving Experience!

In the past few days, I've helped both my brother Bryan (Uncle B to those of you who are long time Simpsonian visitors) and my brotha from anotha motha Collin (from our sister blog Days of Our Lives) move in and out of their respectable homes. Even in the heart of the heat of the first days of summer, we had a great time in fellowship over back-breaking labor. Now very rarely does "a move" ever payoff. Usually, it's followed by soar muscles and redness around my neck, but every once in a while, the heavens will open up and send a little gift to make "a move" well worth the trouble. During Collin's "move", they opened wide!

My sister in law Katie and I were traveling back to Collin and Kristin's beautiful new home when we happened to come across a box of photographs labeled "Memories" or something to that effect. Katie turned to me and asked in all her innocence, "Is it ok to look through their pictures?" To which I quickly responded "Absolutely." I have rarely had such a response that has been more a stroke of genius. Don't worry Kristin. We only found one of you and it was a really cute picture of you as a pig-tailed little girl. But Collin.....oh Collin. We couldn't help ourselves. So in Christian love, we stole a few pics. You can have them back the next time I see you but what good brother could pass up this opportunity. I love ya bro! Thanks for letting me help you move!!!!!











Special thanks to Katie Gaston for the scan and for being a great accomplice.

4 comments:

Kato said...

bahahahahahahahaha.
bahahahahahaha.
I seriously considered screening that last one and putting it on all of our indoor shirts...
This is too great.
Collin, remember, we're laughing with you, not at you.
Also, if you're upset by this, it was all Clint's fault.

C Day said...

Why didn't I tape up the Puma shoebox full of old pictures? That is the question i am asking myself this morning. Okay, let's see what akward and black-mail-worthy pictures you guys seemed to "find" in the move(thieves!!!):

Picture 1 - This is me in the very prime of my dorky years. I was a freshman in high school and we were at a function called "date night"........notice i'm sitting at a table with all guys. I would also like to point out this was about a year before what i like to call "the great hair transition". I am sporting what became known as "the mop". Oh and I'm also rockin the sweater vest.

Picture 2 - about 16 years old, air guitar with "bear claw" chord on lock - who doesn't have an air guitar pic? (post-mop, but nerd factor is alive and well as proof by carpenter jeans and doc martins)

Picture 3 - Sophmore year in college - okay, so i actually have a guitar now but if you look closely you'll see i am now playing "old lady" chord. All that's lacking in this picture is KISS face paint.

Picture 4 - summer after junior year in high school - about to shave my first go-tee ever. I had tried to go Jeff Bagwell style but my poor adolescent face just wasn't quite ready for that yet.

Picture 5 - .....Sigh..........where do i begin with this one? my mind is going crazy trying to find the words to capture the right essence of this photo. I'm afraid anything i say will only further fan the flame of embarrasment. I guess embarrasment is out the window at this point so here goes - this was me and three buddies on our senior class trip to Canada. I think we were in Quebec City or Montreal (like that matters, aye). No, we had not been drinking. we saw these clothes in a store and just had to buy them AND wear them around. I think i still have those pleather pants...that's right, i said pleather. One little girl actually asked us if we were the backstreet boys (why do i keep writing). Also, I was in a contest with 3 other guys to see who could go the longest without cutting their hair. At this point i could pull my hair down past my nose. longest my hair has ever been. Check my facebook pics for one where i fro'ed it up.

Clint and Katie, I will have you know that I have gone toe-to-toe with some of the best pranksters around so.....just watch your backs. Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha.

-Collin

Clint said...

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for the explanations! I haven't called you yet because I don't think I can get through the conversation without dying with laughter. I could barely make it through your explanations. You are a terrific sport and, yes, I know payback is on its way!

Kato said...

Collin, I still stand by the fact that this was all Clint's idea. Just remember, that pay back only breeds pay back... :-p
And yeah, the explanations made the pictures all the better!!!!
See ya Sunday!