Wednesday, December 3, 2008

He lives!!

I know that I keep posting on this blog and I realize its just a blog but right now its my only communication to the outside world. I keep going over and over in my head why this process is taking so long. Why God has put us in people's hearts due to a prolonged stay at this hospital. I can only tell you what's been put on my heart....so here goes...

I keep asking for prayers and while I am asking that I understand that not all people believe in prayer. I'm here to tell you that Jesus Christ is so at work in this room! He's at work in the lives of the nurses here, in the hearts of those in the waiting room, and I know, I know that He is doing a great work in someone's life reading these words right now. I was where you are right now almost ten years ago. I thought of prayer as some thing that people just said and could just as easily be replaced with "I'll keep you in my thoughts" or some other useless derivative. It's not. It is a supernatural conversation between you and God because you have a relationship between the savior of the fallen world and His only begotten son, Jesus Christ. Find someone who you know lives out their lives for Jesus Christ. Talk to me or Rissa. Read the Gospels in the New Testament of the Holy Bible. He lives! Prayer is not simple. It is a glorious exchange. He lives!! Those tears are not mere emotion. It is the Living God crying out to you because He longs to know you. Run to Him! God sent His son, Jesus Christ, to this world to receive the payment for your sins so that you could have eternal life in an indescribably beautiful places called Heaven. He died on that cross so many years ago because of my sin, because of yours. But here's the good news...he defeated death and He lives! Bow down before Him and acknowledge your sins once and for all before God, ask forgiveness and turn from them and serve Him with your life. He will give you eternal life and joy that is endless. He is in the trenches. He's here with me now. He lives! Jesus Christ lives today! Please listen to these words. I beg you. Please listen.

1 comment:

Cap'n Dook said...

Hey bro.... I am so proud of you. I sometimes forget who's the older brother. Your blog over the last few days has been such an inspiration to my spirit and I have felt God move in my own heart thru a computer screen. What an amazing testimony your life is. I hate, HATE that I'm not there to be in this most special of moments. I am and will continue to pray diligently for you, Larissa and Maylee. I can't wait to hold my niece in my arms. I love all of you so much. Thanks for letting me and whoever else has been reading this share these last few days with ya'll. I'm leaking all over my keyboard so I better stop. But I sincerely agree that there is nothing like the love shown to us on a daily basis by Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I am so blessed. Love ya'll with all my heart, B...scratch that: Uncle B!