Wednesday, December 3, 2008

LARISSA IS AMAZING!!!!!

We are heading into our 48th hour of being in this nice room. Larissa was fighting through the contractions wonderfully. At one point, Nurse Betty exclaimed, "Wow that was a big one!" When the nurses start getting shocked then its time to get an epidural and so she did. This was the part of it all that Rissa was most afraid of. She didn't want one at all. That's also how I know the pain was excruciating. We had a great group of Godly gals up here when she decided to have the procedure and they had soul soothing words to say which brought me to tears for the umpteenth time and Larissa as well. The weight of those words brought her through the scary and painful procedure perfectly. (I realize I'm using a lot of alliteration but I'm not meaning to.) After a few aftershock contractions, the epidural did its trick and she is now sleeping beautifully. SHE IS AMAZING!!!! She's my hero!!! I'll never forget what she has done for our family these past 48 hours. I vow to jump up extra fast when she needs something off the top shelf or when she notices the trash needs taken out or, for whatever reason, wants me to run across hot coals while swimming with sharks. I know that last part didn't make any sense but I'd do it. I'd figure it out to show her how much I appreciate her going through all she's gone through. Ok so I guess I need to get some sleep as well. With your prayers, we should be able to have a baby pretty soon. We love all you!!! God is sooooooooooo good. Have I mentioned that yet?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Take care of yourselves, Simpsons.

Hey Larissa - you've got yourself a really great guy there (which we all already knew!).

Can't wait to hear the good news.